• jean-jaures2-214
  • kiosque-chapelle-215
  • rive-etang2-216
  • visuel-tetiere-3-6-217
Patrimony & Monuments

The door of Arles

  • La Porte d'Arles
  • La Porte d'Arles
  • La Porte d'Arles
  • La Porte d'Arles
La Porte d'ArlesLa Porte d'ArlesLa Porte d'ArlesLa Porte d'Arles
The portal of Arles was built between 1771 and 1773 to the location of the ancient gate of the collapsed walls, by the master masons Jean Tabusteau of Istres and François Peytrau de St Mitre with stones from a local quarry. Slightly concave in shape, its anterior surface of great sobriety, is decorated with two flower garlands. The arch rests on two pillars and his Keystone is decorated with a coat of arms of Louis XV style. A great short ledge at the top of the monument.
General
  • Disabled access :
    • Yes
  • Pets welcome :
    • Yes
loading
Directions to :
Allée Jean Jaurès
13800
Istres
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 43.514538
Longitude : 4.987461
Contact
The door of Arles
Allée Jean Jaurès
13800
Istres
Phone : +33 4 42 81 76 00
Fax : +33 4 42 55 38 96





AGENDA