The old town is an Istrean treasure. Typically Provençal, it is evidence of our beautiful town’s history. It can be visited as a group, with the family or alone, with a guide or with the ‘Istres Through its History’ leaflet.
Istres has a real historic centre, which was formerly fortified and was built on a limestone bed rich in fossilised oysters. It formed a hill with an oval base (about 250 m by 188 m) stretching from north to south and with a central peak rising 30 m above sea level. This village perched on a rocky hilltop is typical of Mediterranean rural settlements, around which the town of Istres was built.
- Services :
- Pets welcome
- Individual tour services :
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
- Group tour services :
- Unguided group tours available permanently
- Guided group tours on request
Good to know
- Information panel language(s) & touristic documentations :
Allées Jean Jaurés
Latitude : 43.514166
Longitude : 4.987234
We also suggest...
Cultural Guided tour
All year long 2021
- Evènements culturels